UPSC announces result of Civil Services Examination 2022
The Union Public Service Commission announced the result of the Civil Services Examination 2022 on Tuesday. Ishita Kishore has topped the examination while Garima Lohia secured the second rank. Uma Harathi N secured the third position and Smriti Mishra got the fourth rank.
Talking exclusively to Akashvani News, Ishita Kishore who hails from Greater Noida in Uttar Pradesh said, her mother was her backbone in getting this achievement. She highlighted that women empowerment is the area where she would like to work after joining the service.
Garima Lohia said, she started her preparation at home during Covid-19 pandemic and took help of online materials for her preparation.
Abhigyan Malviya who has secured 59th rank gave credit of his sucess to his mother. He said, Science and Technology is an area where he would love to work after joining the service.
As many as 933 candidates have qualified the examination. Out of these 345 are from general category, 99 from Economically Weaker Sections, 263 from Other Backward Classes, 154 Scheduled Caste and 72 from the Scheduled Tribes.
The civil services examination is conducted annually to select officers of the Indian Administrative Service, Indian Foreign Service, Indian Police Service and others.
Highlights of the result are given below:
- The Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2022 was conducted on 5th June, 2022. A total of 11,35,697 candidates applied for this examination, out of which 5,73,735 candidates actually appeared in the examination.
- A total of 13,090 candidates qualified for appearance in the Written (Main) Examination which was held in September, 2022.
- A total of 2,529 candidates qualified for the Personality Test of the examination.
- A total of 933 candidates (613 men and 320 women) have been recommended by the Commission for appointment to various Services.
- Among the finally qualified candidates, top four are women candidates.
- Ms. Ishita Kishore (Roll No. 5809986) has secured the first position in the Civil Services Examination, 2022. She qualified the examination with Political Science and International Relations as her optional subject. hShe has graduated in Economics (Hons.) from Shri Ram College of Commerce, University of Delhi.
- Ms. Garima Lohia (Roll No. 1506175), a graduate in Commerce from Kirorimal College, University of Delhi, secured second rank with Commerce and Accountancy as her optional subject.
- Ms. Uma Harathi N (Roll No.1019872), a graduate (B Tech.) in Civil Engineering from IIT, Hyderabad stood third in the rank with Anthropology as her optional subject.
- Ms. Smriti Mishra (Roll No. 0858695), a graduate (B Sc.) from Miranda House College, University of Delhi stood fourth in the rank with Zoology as her optional subject.
- The top 25 candidates comprise 14 women and 11 men.
- Educational qualifications of top 25 successful candidates range from graduation in Engineering; Humanities; Science; Commerce and Medical Science from premier Institutions of the country such as IIT, NIT, DTU, Gauhati Medical College, University of Health Science, University of Delhi, Gujarat National Law University, Jadavpur University, Jiwaji University etc.
- Top 25 successful candidates have opted for subjects like Anthropology, Commerce & Accountancy, Economics, Electrical Engineering, Law, History, Mathematics, Political Science & International Relations, Philosophy, Sociology and Zoology as their optional choice in the Written (Main) Examination.
- The recommended candidates also include 41 Persons with Benchmark Disability (14 Orthopedically Handicapped, 07 Visually Challenged, 12 Hearing Impaired & 08 Multiple Disabilities)